Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Attorney
Serving clients throughout eastern and central PA
Medical malpractice claims are based upon the failure of physicians or other licensed medical professionals to meet the required standard of care in the treatment of their patients. The fact that a particular procedure does not produce the desired outcome, or produces a tragic outcome, does not necessarily mean that medical malpractice took place. Each profession and each procedure has its own standard of care.
If you believe that you were injured as a result of medical malpractice — whether in the office of a single physician or healthcare provider, or in a hospital where many licensed professionals provided you with care — the Valley Forge and Harrisburg medical malpractice lawyers of Graham & Mauer, P.C. are prepared to evaluate your case and determine whether you were the victim of medical negligence. If you were, we can help you file a claim.
How our Valley Forge and Harrisburg medical malpractice attorneys prove negligence
Success in your case depends on a clear and convincing depiction of the negligence that occurred. Legally, negligence is defined by the following four criteria, all of which must be met:
- You were owed a duty — When medical professionals agree to care for a patient, they automatically assume duty.
- The duty was breached — The hospital or healthcare provider failed to meet an acceptable standard of care.
- The breach of duty led to your injury — Due to the poor level of care, you sustained a new injury or needlessly endured an illness.
- The injury or illness caused you to suffer significant damages — Your measurable damages include costs of unnecessary medical treatment, time lost from work while you recovered from an illness and any physical effects or disabilities that resulted. Immeasurable damages such as emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder and general pain and suffering are also significant.
Types of malpractice cases
Medical malpractice can occur in any part of the healthcare system, and the consequences can range from relatively minor to serious and life-threatening. Common types of medical malpractice cases include the following:
- Lack of diagnosis or misdiagnosis
- Errors in prescription or administration of medicine
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Negligence in patient monitoring
- Abandonment of a patient
- Inadequate training of healthcare professionals
Call Graham & Mauer today — talk to a medical malpractice lawyer serving Harrisburg and Valley Forge, PA who is here for you
When a medical professional betrays your trust and you’re left injured, Graham & Mauer, P.C. is equipped to help you seek the compensation you deserve. Because we maintain locations in Harrisburg, Dauphin County and Valley Forge, Chester County personal injury lawyers from our firm are reachable by clients throughout eastern and central Pennsylvania. Call us toll-free today at 1.800.218.0808 for a free phone consultation, or contact us online.
to speak to an attorney today
Free case evaluation
contact Graham & Mauer
Timeliness is key. Do not hesitate when you need to talk to an attorney: Click submit – or if you prefer, call our office at: 1.800.218.0808.
The fundamental principle of Graham & Mauer is that we only represent injured people - we NEVER work for insurance companies.